3 & 4 year olds – 3o hours funding
All three and four year olds are currently eligible for 15 hours per week, the term after their third birthday. From September 2017 the Government introduced 30 hours of funding for working parents who meet the eligibility criteria below.
- They earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months.
- This equates to £120 a week (or c.£6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week (or c.£5,800 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old and £56 a week for apprentices in their first year. This applies whether you are in paid employment, self-employed or on zero hours contract.
- Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.
- Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.
- If one or both parents is a non-EEA national, the parent applying must have recourse to public funds.
How we provide this
We provide the 30 hour funding on a stretched offer basis, therefore entitling your child to 22 funded hours each week all year round. The 22 hours are provided across 5 x 5 hour sessions which totals 25 hours. 22 hours of these are funded however as we provide wrap around care, the additional 3 hours per week are chargeable. Therefore to receive the 30 hour funding at our setting the monthly cost of this will be £85.19. In order to secure this space a small deposit will be chargeable. If you change your mind regarding a space for your child, 4 weeks notice must be given to the Nursery. Without this notice the Nursery reserves the right to retain the deposit.
If you think you may be entitled to the 30 hours funding you need to apply on the Milton Keynes council website www.milton-keynescouncil.gov.uk under the ‘Children, young people and families’ section and create an account where if you will be asked to input your details and if eligible, receive your funding code.
Extra information for you
You will be prompted via email or text message every three months by gov.uk to log onto your account to confirm if you are still eligible. If your eligibility changes or you fail to reconfirm, you are then given a grace period before the 30 hours ends and is replaced with the original 15 hours.