Seeking a Nursery Kitchen Assistant
At Tiny Steps Day Nursery we wholeheartedly believe that every child takes their own unique next steps in life. We not only believe this for the children but for the staff too. If you feel passionately about maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in our Nursery Kitchen and supporting the Nursery Cook to prepare healthy meals for the children then you may be just the person we are looking for.
Please find below some of the duties required by the successful applicant.
- Ensuring the kitchen and all kitchen equipment is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensuring all crockery and utensils are washed-up, using the dishwasher as appropriate.
- Cleaning and defrosting fridge and freezer as necessary.
- Maintenance of adequate stores and food stuffs in appropriate storage conditions.
- Setting up clean crockery, cutlery and serving utensils on the trolleys ready for lunch and distribute to the rooms.
- Delivering the trolleys to the appropriate rooms ensuring dietary requirements are met and communicated to the room.
- Collecting trolleys from rooms after lunch.
- Performing other cleaning duties as instructed by nursery cook.
- Removing waste from the kitchen and cleaning bins as required.
- Supporting food ordering.
- Completing cleaning schedules and reporting any problems to management.
- Covering for Nursery Cook’s absence (working full time during the weeks the Nursery cook is on annual leave.)
We pay above the national minimum wage
We pay above the National living wage, £7.83 and above (dependant on role and experience) to all our employees even those under 25.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation, undertake a enhanced DBS and provide satisfactory references prior to commencing employment
For further information about the role, please see our job description. To apply please e-mail: Childcare@mkcc.org.uk to request an application form. The closing date is Friday 28th September 2018 however we reserve the right to close the position to future applicants earlier.