Join our Team
Have you ever thought…’ I could be a superhero in the life of a child,’ someone who comes alongside and encourages imagination, curiosity through play? Do you love to read stories out loud, pretend to be a character and encourage a child to take their next unique step in their development no matter how small that may seem? If the answer is yes, then maybe Tiny Steps is the place for you.
We are a community-based Nursery in the heart of Milton Keynes, one of our staff values is ‘people matter,’ we are passionate about ensuring children and families have the best early years’ experience. These are formative years in the life of a child and we embrace the experience as Practitioners.
So, what are we looking for when we invest in our current team:
- You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- You must be able to laugh at jokes, even if you didn’t understand or find them funny.
- Be comfortable telling everyone in the room you need a toilet break.
- You will preferably have a little quirkiness. If a child requests that you be a captain of a pirate ship, you will be the best pirate captain you can be! Shiver me timbers!
- You must be able to rapidly count the heads of small moving people.
- Be able to drink numerous cups of tea and eat play dough food.
- You love to dance in the rain, catch snowflakes on your tongue and fly kites in the wind.
- The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however, the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
- You are an expert in finding suitable names for the thousands of snails, worms and ladybirds found, captured, and observed in the garden
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun; no 2 days are the same.
- Be able to think out of the box, or rather what could be done with this box!
- You can add a song into any opportunity to help a child be motivated (the wipe your bottom song comes to mind).
- You must be able to distribute warm hugs as required (both to children and team mates).
- Finally, you must be willing to feel loved and special to many children and their families. There really is no other job like this one.
There are also a few other grown up benefits
- 20 days’ annual leave which increases with your length of service up to 28 days
- On-going training and development
- Workplace pension
- Death In-service
- Sick pay
- Income protection includes the benefit of health and wellbeing telephone support.
- Discounted child care + salary sacrifice
- Annual Awards celebration
If you are enthusiastic about the potential of working in our fabulous environment, why not click on the links to the right-hand side of the page to see what positions are available.