(40 hours per week all year round)
We are currently seeking a passionate, hardworking and committed full time level 3 Nursery practitioner to work within the team promoting high standards of care and education inclusively for all children in our care. A sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation stage is essential with experience of being a key person.
Purpose of role
- Ensure that safeguarding remains at the forefront of practice and is central to practice. This includes when necessary following Child Protection Procedures
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery regarding the environment and resources for children, and experiences offered to children.
- Assist in the implementation of ‘The Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum’.
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- Support the development of good practice with regard to special educational needs, disabilities and inclusion.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met.
- Work with external professionals including speech and language therapists and the inclusion team as appropriate
- Remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policy and practice.
- Act as a Key Person, supporting a group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers, supporting each child’s emotional wellbeing and model this to other staff members and support them in this role.
The vision at Tiny Steps Day Nursery is to ‘encourage every child to take their own unique next step in life.’ We believe each child has potential and with the encouragement of highly motivated and trained staff children will grow into confident and healthy individuals.
We also believe there are next steps for each of our staff as we encourage them to develop both professionally and personally.
Why not consider joining our family friendly team and be a part of shaping a child’s future.
Along with all the benefits of seeing a child grow and develop there are also many benefits on offer for you.
- On-going training and development
- Workplace pension
- Sick pay
- Income protection which includes the benefit of health and wellbeing telephone support*
- Free uniform
- Discounted child care + salary sacrifice
- Annual Awards celebration
We pay above the national minimum wage
We pay above the National living wage, £7.83 and above (dependant on role and experience) to all our employees even those under 25.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation, undertake a DBS and provide satisfactory references prior to commencing employment.
If you would like to apply, please contact the Nursery on 01908 672999 to request an application form and job description. The closing date for this position is Friday 23rd November 2018.
Interviews will be held week commencing 26th November 2018.