Due to growing numbers, we are seeking an experienced Nursery Practitioner to join our thriving team on an 40 hour per week all year round basis.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
The ideal candidate is qualified to level 2 or 3 with a thorough knowledge of the EYFS and ages and stages of development. We would love to appoint someone who is committed to authentic relationships and new learning and who is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the children they work with. If you think to can rise to our challenge then we would love to hear from you.
- You must have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- You must be able to laugh at jokes you don’t understand, or don’t find funny!
- You will preferably have a little quirkiness. If a child requests that you be a captain of a pirate ship, you will be the best pirate captain you can be! Shiver me timbers!
- The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however, the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential.
- You must be able to distribute warm hugs as required (both to children and teammates).
- You possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people is of the utmost importance.
- You are an expert in finding suitable names for the thousands of snails, worms and ladybirds found, captured, and observed in the garden
- You can add a song into an opportunity to help a child be motivated (the wipe your bottom song comes to mind).
- Must be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on your clothing, or in full fancy dress.
- Pretending to eat playdough creations realistically is required, and that of drinking numerous cups of pretend tea.
- You must have the ability to read a ten-page fairytale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
- You love to dance in the rain, catch snowflakes on your tongue and fly kites in the wind.
- You must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day.
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special, and important to many young children and their families.
There are also a few other grown-up benefits:
- 20 days’ annual leave which increases with your length of service up to 28 days
- On-going training and development
- Workplace pension
- Death In-service
- Sick pay
- Income protection includes the benefit of health and wellbeing telephone support.
- Discounted child care + salary sacrifice
- Annual Awards celebration
If you are interested in what really is the most rewarding job, working with the most wonderful children, please complete the application form.
*We are an equal opportunities employer. However, due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate should be able to undertake and provide a clear criminal records check and satisfactory references.
Contract length: Permanent
Salary: £9.05 – £9.50